We come in all shapes and sizes and it isn’t so much about your size and shape as much as what you do to make the most of what you have. Last week we looked at tips & tricks to help us look and feel better, and next week we’ll look at day-of interview preparation. For now, let’s look at general clothing and grooming to see what we can do to boost our presentation:
- Spend a little money on new and interchangeable garments so that you can return for several interviews without having to buy a whole new wardrobe.
- Replace your comfortable shoes with a pair of shiny black leather dress shoes, shined before each interview.
- Replace over-stuffed hand bags with a small purse, or back packs with a simple attaché or briefcase that looks minimized, organized, and ready for business.
- Consider a new hairstyle – visit a reputable hair stylist who can upgrade and update your look.
- Add some color to your hair if your brown is going gray or your blond is going brown.
- Whiten your teeth either at the dentist or with an over-the-counter alternative that might not be perfect but can help to make the critical difference.
- Minimize wrinkles with proper lotions, makeup and tanning creams.